Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Could you increase the amount you are saving?
- Are you planning your spending effectively?
- Do your long-term savings goals sometimes get overlooked?
- Are your goals too ambitious?
- Could you change or eliminate any of your goals?
- Could you delay the target dates of your goals?
We will work with you to achieve your goals through the various stages of your life, whether you are creating wealth, protecting against the unforeseen, preserving & consolidating, or ultimately distributing your wealth to those closest to you. We will help you:
- Make the most of your time after work ends (planning for retirement)
- Provide for loved ones tax efficiently (planning for death)
- Maintain your financial security through times of poor health (planning for sickness, incapacity or long term care)
- Do the best for your children (planning for education)
- Navigate the maze of investment options (planning for tax efficient investments)
FOR BUSINESS OWNERS – Your business is often an extension of your own personal affairs and Financial Planning can help you extract value from your business and plan for retirement.
Financial Planning can also be used to help minimise the impact on the business of the death or illness of its key staff and shareholders.
Some of the ways we can help:
- Assessing and utilising your current provisions before considering whether to start a new plan
- Checking how personal changes in income or capital may impact your current provisions or tax situation
- Ensuring that you do not miss out on valuable allowances that, once gone, are gone forever e.g. ISAs
- Helping you reclaim money that might be owed e.g. tax relief on pension and retirement planning
- Ensuring your returns match your level of risk
- Assessing and advising your level of risk regarding your current assets
- Placing your assets in the right name, ownership and tax wrapper so that from a legal and ethical point of view you do not pay too much tax.
- The value of pensions and investments and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
- Tax treatment varies according to individual circumstances and is subject to change.
- Explaining the impact of UK Government Budget changes to allowances and taxes e.g. income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax